Experienced Systems and Network Administrator with extensive knowledge in a broad range of technologies and applications. Proven skills in systems ranging from Cisco routers and switches, to Windows servers running mission critical applications in a high-availability cluster. Successfully transitioned a business phone system running Cisco Unified Communications Manager off of a legacy PRI back-end, and migrated call operations to a SIP trunk using a Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE). Led an initiative to replace legacy Citrix XenApp servers with Windows Server 2012 RemoteApp, reducing maintenance overhead and licensing costs, while increasing performance and ease of use. Developed web applications using HTML5 standards and PHP to streamline and standardize employee onboarding and offboarding. Built a mobile compatible "Change Management" SaaS application for internal use utilizing PHP and MariaDB.
Global Technology Resources, Inc.
September 2013 - Present
Manage Windows and Linux servers in a VMWare ESXi and hybrid cloud environment. Responsible for Cisco network infrastructure including routers, switches, and ASA firewalls. Supports client systems in addition to server infrastructure - running Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and MAC OSX. Supports IP telephony infrastructure based on Cisco Call Manager and supporting products. Leads internal IT projects and heads up information security initiatives. Interface with customers as a System Engineer and perform work as part of the Professional Services organization, including but not limited to network architecture, sensitive data migration, active directory services, and Azure/Office 365 administration.
Technical Sales Consultant
June 2013 - September 2013
Selling technology products and services, including the sale and execution of OfficeMax CTRLCenter Services. CTRLCenter Services included PC data backup, recovery, virus removal, software installation, software/hardware diagnostics, etc.
- Strong communication, leadership, and time management skills - essential to the successful completion of any project.
- Mastery in Windows PowerShell, including the use of .NET in scripts
- High degree of competency in Microsoft Azure
- High degree of competency in Amazon AWS
- Proficiency in VMWare ESXi administration and architecture
- Development in HTML/PHP with experience in REST API's
- Microsoft Exchange / O365 administration
- Windows 7/8/10 administration
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- CCNA level experience and degree of competence in Cisco Networking
- Administration of Cisco Collaboration products such as Call Manager, Unity Connection, Spark, Jabber, Telepresence, and WebEx
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Visual C# .NET (developed Sharepoint Online integration for company ERP)
- Lead Engineer on internal Security Operations Team, focused primarily on NIST800-53/800-171 and SOX compliance
- Developed an internal, mobile capable, web application using HTML5, PHP, and a MariaDB database back-end with LDAP integration and deployed it to Amazon AWS using an RDS database, and an elastic load-balancer protected by a Web Application Firewall
- Wrote a Microsoft Project Server to Concur integration in PowerShell
- MS SQL Server and MYSQL/MariaDB administration experience
- Veeam Backup administration and architecture
Notable Customer Facing Skills and Accomplishments
- Migrated over 20TB of data on litigation hold as part of an aquisition and onboarding to the parent company's domain. Redesigned core network infrastructure as well as VMWare architecture as part of aquisition. Developed scripts to assist in the migration of users without creating a domain trust. P2V'd legacy servers and transferred them to the new domain.
- Rescued a corrupted Active Directory domain essential to the business operation of a multi-billion dollar company based out of Denver, CO.
- Designed and built a Microsoft RemoteApp deployment for the delivery of a medical application used for administering dialysis treatments
- Was an integral part of a project to transfer an entire division between two fortune 500 companies, requiring over 3 months of intranational travel
- Architected and executed a multi-datacenter migration/consolidation and network upgrade for a healthcare customer
Certified Meraki Networking Associate - CMNA
Cisco Cloud Networking Group
U.S. Civil Air Patrol - Air Force Auxiliary
July 2008 - Present
Cadet 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S. Civil Air Patrol. Worked on mission support group staff for 2011 Colorado Wing Encampment at the United States Air Force Academy. Served as Squadron 1st Sergeant in Arvada Cadet Squadron after being promoted from Alpha Flight Sergeant. Achieved General Billy Mitchell Award.
Boss of the NOC - 1st Place - 2018
Won 1st place in the 2018 Splunk 'Boss of the NOC' competition. Splunk is a big-data analytics platform focused on machine-data, aimed primarily at the IT Security and Operations space.
August Employee of the Month - 2015
"Congratulations to Hunter Klein for winning August's "What Team Do You Play For?" award! In the past month he has worked to truly show relentless commitment to GTRI and be a key player on GTRI's team."
July Employee of the Month - 2014
"For the first time ever, a cross functional group has been selected as employees of the month! Congratulations to Jason Weeding, Hunter Klein, and Ian Hamina for winning July's "What Team Do You Play For?" award! In the past month this cross functional team has worked together to truly show relentless commitment to GTRI and be key players on GTRI's team. Please congratulate this team for outstanding performance! ..."
Most Distinguished Mission Support Group Member - 2011
Awarded at the 2011 Colorado Wing Civil Air Patrol Encampment - at the United Air Force Academy - for outstanding service within the Mission Support Group squadron.
Address and references provided upon request.